Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hello 2008!


Hello Everybody and Happy 2008! It’s been a little while since I’ve updated everyone about our family, so I figured now would be a good time because we don’t have anything going on today.

Justin started school in January and is still going full-time. He is gone all day Tuesday (he leaves at 7:00 AM and gets home around 9:30 PM) and most of Thursday (7:00 AM – 5:30 PM). He’s doing very well in school; Justin has already had many presentations and has three big tests today. He studies a lot, sometimes with his good friend Jeremiah (from work and now school), and is up late most nights. He’s still working full-time at the Grand Tradition and he has most Friday and Saturday nights off right now. However, wedding season will soon be upon us and so he’ll be working those nights again. Jack and I try to support Justin in all he does and enjoy the time we all spend together.

Jack is growing like a weed! We had to go to the doctor for him yesterday because he’s sick; it all started with a clear runny nose, then the cough started a week later, and then he became fevered yesterday morning. I’m so glad we went to the doctor! The doc said, “He basically has a mild case of pneumonia,” so Jack’s now on antibiotics and we’ll visit the doc again tomorrow to check up on everything.


On a happier note, his favorite song right now is Little Bunny Foo Foo. He shakes his fingers, claps his hands and says “bop!” Sometimes he’ll just walk around the house clapping and saying “bop!” just for the fun of it. He has learned to climb up on the couch and enjoys walking back and forth across it and has started jumping on the couch. He had his first real “big boy” haircut on Saturday with the buzz clippers and looks like a real toddler now.

Jack’s a little over 22 lbs now and he’s talking a lot more although other people may not understand some of the words: Dada (he screams it when he sees Justin!), mama, bop (of course), quack quack, and buh-bye. Jack is a solid walker now and can find mommy and daddy’s noses, although he hasn’t found his own yet. He loves books and doing everything with them; he reads in the car, pulls our books off the shelves, and carries them around with him. He loves his crocodile xylophone (Thanks Aunt Judy and Trev!) and now pulls it around the house in addition to playing it. He also loves his little ride-on push-car from Uncle Zach and has figured out how to get on by himself! Ahhh, a brand-new skill he has learned: pushing the water dispenser on the refrigerator (darn!). Jack also loves to pull out and play with my spatulas and other (safe) kitchen tools and also our broom. Jack still eats just about everything, but he loves eating frozen peas, cheese (except sharp cheddar), plain yogurt with a bit of honey, blueberries, and strawberries. Oh yeah, Jack loves to march! Our floors are hollow so he can hear himself make big noises and he gets really excited.

As for me, I think I’m pretty much doing the same things as I was before. I love my mommy friends and we still work out, go to playgroup, and hang out together (when the wee ones aren’t sick). I’ve joined a gym and aim to go a couple of times a week; however, with Justin in school, those nights are some of the only time we have to spend together. I was sick for about a week and a half, got better, watched kids for a week, and got kind of sick again. I’m just grateful it’s just my nose this time and nothing else. I’m home with Jack, loving it by-the-way, and tutor two days a week here at home. I still enjoy cooking and trying new recipes all the time and we usually don’t eat the same thing very often, unless its leftovers.

I can’t think of anything else to update you all about except that we’ve sold Justin’s car, so we’re now a one-car family. I’ll try to post another update next month so there won’t be too much to read (and write) every time. We love you all!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh that baby boy is just gorgeous. I love those eyes. What a big guy!! He's walking so well. Glad everything is going well for you all. You do know you can post more often than once a month, right? ;)

The Smith Family said...

Hey, Tiff told me you had a blog. We started one right before Christmas last year. Its fun especially for my family. Jack is such a cutie. We will have to get Aubrey and Jack together again.