Saturday, June 7, 2008

Finally . . . An Update!


Okay, so I know it’s been a long time since I last wrote. But it seems like there’s been a lot going on here. In March, we took Jack to Disney’s California Adventure park for the first time. We all had a lot of fun together and with a couple of friends (Justin’s best friend from childhood) and their daughter. Jack liked it, but I’m not sure he even really knew what was going on. We’ll plan on doing Disney again in the future when Jack is a little more into the whole theme park Disney character thing.

On another note, for those of you who don’t already know, we found out we were pregnant in February, but miscarried a month after finding out. I’m so grateful we have each other, great family and friends, and, of course, the Lord. We’re just so grateful to have Jack, and know that he’s happy and healthy.

Jack had a bad case of the stomach flu in April (for about a week) and a cough turned into bronchitis in May. He now has a bit of a runny nose, but I’m hoping its just allergies. Jack is getting so big! He’s much better at running and talks a whole lot more. Although some of his words are only understood by us, he now says: strawberry, cheese, please, doggy, mama, dada, papa, bink, poop, buh-bye, hi, shoes, and I’m sure there’s a few more. He’s mimicking a lot now and thinks it’s funny when you copy what he does. Unfortunately, Jack is hitting and has been in time-out quite a few times for it; we’re working on that and saying please and thank you. Jack likes to pray with us for meals and even tries to say “amen,” he’s so cute! Speaking of cute, Jack is a winner in the Cute Kids Contest here in town and he’ll be in the local paper this week! I’ll make sure we get some copies of the pictures made for some of you.

Right now Jack likes to climb into the bath or shower, wave and say buh-bye; he also likes to climb behind the couch cushion and drive his toy tractors. He helps water my plants, do the laundry and shut the dishwasher. He’s gaining more of a sense of humor and is learning new things each day; we love our son!

Justin has been out of school since mid-May and it has been so great to have him home. We have two whole days to spend time with Justin and on the 17th I get to spend a whole week with him—just the two of us because we’re going to Hawaii! Justin ran for the San Diego Republican Central Committee, however, he lost the position by about 200 votes. Bummer! He hopes to work on other campaigns (like for County Supervisor) in the future. He has high hopes for the future and I have faith in him.

As for me, I’m pretty much doing the same things I was before: taking care of Jack and trying to be a good wife and mommy. However, there is something new and exciting I’m doing—I’ve signed on with the local high school and I’m now coaching Freshman Cheer. I’m so excited to be doing something that I love! We have a couple of camps this summer and practices start up at the end of July. Plus, I think I may sign up for aerobics and yoga again this summer just for some more fun.

So Justin and I are going to Hawaii on the 17th for a week and we’re also sooo excited for the Rizzo Family Cruise/Reunion at the end of July! We look forward to spending time with our family this summer :D

I don’t know what else to write, so I’ll plan on writing again and posting lots of pictures after we get home from our trip! We love you all and hope you all are doing well!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Jack is absolutely adorable! He's so big! I'm so sorry for your miscarriage, but it sounds like your heart is in the right place and your family is doing well. How fun for you to be doing frosh cheer!! I think that's awesome and probably a great reason to leave the house! Have so much fun in Hawaii!!

Tiffanie said...

Thanks for the update Stephanie : ) I always enjoy reading your blog. Jack's pictures are beautiful. You are doing a great job as a mother and a wife. I'm very proud of you!

Love Mom : )
aka: Mumsy