Thursday, December 27, 2007

Last blog for 2007!

Hello and Happy Holidays to our family and friends! Sorry it has been sooo long since our last blog; a lot has happened with our family since the list time I wrote. We had the fires here in San Diego and we are so grateful that our family and friends are all safe. I’ve had a birthday and am now 23 years-old (woo-hoo) and Jack just celebrated his first birthday! What a year it has been, and a great one at that!

Because I haven’t written since September I’ll just brief you all on just a few things since then. Jack stood on his own for the first time and his third tooth came through in October. For Halloween he was a cute little skunk—we called him “our little stinker.” In November, Jack said his first real word (dog) although we’ve only heard it a couple of times since then. Jack celebrated his first Thanksgiving and he took his first step the day before my birthday (November 26th).

Jack had his first birthday party on December 8th and his favorite part was his cake. It was the first time he’d ever had real sugar and he absolutely loved it; Jack had his own birthday cake and ate about half of it (I think most of it made it into his mouth, too). Jack’s now walking a lot more although his preferred method of getting around is still crawling and, oh yeah, he love’s to dance. In addition to the three teeth he already had on the bottom . . . he now has an additional three on the top and I think the fourth tooth is coming through soon. Jack just had his one-year check up and now weighs a whole 20 lbs. 14 ½ oz. and is 28 in. tall and is still growing like crazy. His current favorite foods are: frozen peas, any kind of meat, goldfish, and bananas. Jack has quite the little personality and brings so much joy into our lives.

Justin finished his final exams and has been out of school for about two weeks now. He’s still working very hard at the Grand Tradition and, because wedding season had slowed down, he has even had a few Friday nights off for a night out with me! Justin still loves reading (usual

ly something political) and is actually able to enjoy his favorite pastime now because school’s out! Justin is still an amazing husband and father; he helps out around the house even when he doesn’t really have time and is just as tired as I am. I love him so much.

Both my aerobics and yoga classes have ended, but I’m still working out

with my mommy group most days of the week. We aim to work our five

mornings a week but don’t always make that goal because of sick/ tired babies and an occasional tired mommy. However, I’m really ready to get back into the groove

after the holidays, especially because (da da da daaaaa!) Justin got me a new jogging stroller for Christmas! I’m so excited to break it in! I can’t think of anything else to write about right now

, so I won’t go on any longer. Just know that our little family is happy, healthy, and we truly love each other!


2007 has been a great year; we love you all and we’ll see you in 2008!



No comments: