
I know it’s been over a month since the last family update.
Jack’s a whole nine months old as of this past Wednesday! He still has only two teeth and is still as cute as ever (at least we think so). Jack has also had a lot of firsts in this past month-and-a-half . . . he pulled himself up on his own for the first time on August 18th and hasn’t stopped ever since; we even pulled the cute bumpers out of his crib because we caught him standing on top of them! Jack’s been crawling for about a month already—he started using his arms very slowly and cautiously at first and has since perfected the skill. Jack has already had his first
“shiner” and is no longer a vegetarian. He loves feeding himself different foods and has mastered the sippy cup; I’m not going to list all of the foods he’s eaten because the list has grown immensely and some people will tease me about it ;o) Jack has attended his first high school football game, attended his friend Felix’s first birthday party (and had his first cupcake—no sugar added), sat in a shopping cart without a cover on it (BIG step for me . . . ewwww germs), and his brand new car seat just arrived in the mail this afternoon! He hasn’t started walking on his own yet, but I know that will be here before we all know it as he needs very little support now.
Justin has become busier since our last blog entry. School has been in session for him for almost a month now. He is going to school on Monday’s and Wednesday’s from 9
am to 7 pm, and doesn’t return until about 7:30 on those days. He then works the days he’s not attending school. Justin is still politically involved (though not as much as when he was working the campaigns) and is still the 11 year-old scout leader at church. he still finds time to spend with Jack and I in addition to all that he does; he is such a hard worker and never complains about supporting our family, being tired, helping around the house, or even parenting Jack in the evening when he returns home. I know I am truly blessed to have a husband as loving, hard-working, and dedicated as Justin is.
I have resumed my yoga and aerobics classes on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and love them both. Music & Movement
class has just resumed this week and we’re looking forward to learning new songs and playing with our friends. Jack and I had a lot of fun this past month with “The Mommies” and their kids; we attended playgroup at least 4-5 times a week at each other’s homes while the music class was not in session and let the kids play together while we visited. I’m grateful to have found this group of mothers who are strong, beautiful, and intelligent women—without them motherhood would be a bit lonely (okay very lonely). I miss my school friends (hey girls!) and those I haven’t seen or talked to in a while, but my life is great. I have a great support system, my amazing husband, and out beautiful son—what more could a girl ask for? I am extremely blessed. Until next time . . .
3 comments:
Woooohooo!!! Keep it up girl, I love the blogs. Jack is getting so big and he's super good looking too!! I'm glad your life is good, it's hard when your husband is so busy. Thanks for the blog and keep it up!!
Hey!! How are you guys? I'm sure you were evacuated, but was your home safe? Just thinking about you, let me know if you need anything, even a place to stay for a bit...anything!!
stephanie! These pictures are priceless! No doubt you are a great mom! take care!
ginger
Post a Comment