Sunday, October 18, 2009

EXCITING NEWS FLASH!

I just wanted to make a quick post. Jack went poo poo in the potty this morning! I was unloading the dishwasher this morning and heard him go and shut his door, so I ran to his room and opened the door. However, I didn't realize he was right behind it and smacked him with the door (I think it was the knob). I grabbed him and made him sit on the little potty. When he stood up there was a little bit in the potty (I think he'd already started to go when he was in his room and it just fell in the potty when he sat down). Regardless, we gave him a new toy car to reward him. A couple hours later, while I'm sitting on the floor playing with Abbigaile, I hear him shut the door to his room again (a tell-tale sign!) so I start yelling "Don't go poo poo in your pants!" and run and grab him to place him on the potty, yet again. He scowled at me, but ended up making a giant poo poo in the potty! We were all so excited! We gave hugs and kisses, "I'm so proud of you's," and lots and lots of high-fives; so he got to pick out another new car this morning. I just hope that because he's done it once (and because he wants more cars) we can make it a habit. Jack, we are so proud of you!

2 comments:

The Payne Family said...

That's so exciting! Way to go Jack.

Daniel and Tiffany Joyce said...

Potty training is such a blast! Hope he keeps it up so I can see his cool car collection when Daniel and I come for Christmas!