Jack's also doing quite well, although he does have trouble listening sometimes. I know he's only two, but we've really got to keep working on that. Jack has been able to open some of the toys we've had in storage for a while and he's had a lot of fun with the "new to him" toys. However, there's a little one-button remote-control car and it kind of freaks him out. I thought he'd love it right away, but it looks as though he'll have to get used to it. I'm not sure what else I can tell you about Jack right now, but he's doing great and he seems to be talking a little more each day . . . it's so fun!
I took the kiddos to music class several times over the past two weeks, and it's been great to go back and have a bit more routine. Jack loves to sing and dance, and because we've been going to the 0-3 class Abbigaile's able to participate, as well. I've just really got to be good about taking them each week so we have more of an actual routine; it'll help me to get Abbigaile to take more scheduled predictable naps each day. Plus, it's nice to be around other mommies and kids.
It's been several weeks now, since we purchased San Diego Zoo/Wild Animal Park passes so that we can spend more time as a family. We took Jack and Abbigaile to the Wild Animal Park and both kids did really well. It seemed like we did a lot of walking, but didn't see as many animals as we would've liked to. We're excited to go to the zoo and see all of the animals there, especially the Polar Bears! Oh, and I'm excited for the new Elephant Odyssey exhibit. I think we may go within the next few weeks so I'll keep you posted.
We had Father's Day this past month and we gave Justin something I think he really likes. We redecorated our home office! My mom came over and help (thank goodness—because I'm not so great on my own) and it turned out beautifully; especially for our budget! We also made some great meals for Justin, as well. I ended up making homemade Challah bread just so I could make some really great French Toast (which we had for lunch because church starts at 8:30 AM) and some thick-cut maple-Dijon glazed bacon . . . so yummy! Then we had some yummy tortellini and Sausage for dinner (Justin's choice); I'd say that we had a great day spending time as a family.
I've started taking a couple of fitness classes through the community college and love them. I'm currently taking a Walk-fit class and aerobics. Before this class I never realized that walking could be such great exercise! Then again, it's not just walking—it's power-walking and we go up and down hills and over all sorts of terrain . . . we also do a bit of abs and toning with bands/weights. I've met quite a few nice people, am having some conversations with adults, and am getting some great exercise. I'm thinking I may take this class again next summer, too.
Yesterday, as you all know, was the 4th of July. We went to our ward's breakfast and Jack got to have some super-strong Tang and absolutely loved it—he kept asking for more. We then went over to Justin's parents house for a barbeque and some swimming. Jack played most of the time in the kiddie pool and got quite a bit of sun; luckily he's just very slightly pink on his little nose and cheeks so I don't think he's going to peel. My mom and Mackenzie came to the barbeque, as well and came over to our house afterward. Mom, Kenzie, Jack, Abbigaile and I all went to the Grand Tradition for the fireworks (thanks Des for letting us park at your house). Jack was so into the display this year; he kept yelling "whooo," "yay
," and shouting out the colors he saw. Luckily, Abbigaile didn't cry and Jack crashed before we even got home.
We had church this morning and Abbigaile had one of the biggest blowout diapers I've ever seen. We were sitting and Relief Society and I knew she was pooping, but I checked and there was only a tiny bit and I wanted to make sure she was done before I went to change her. Apparently she finished going (silently) because when I lifted her up of my lap her back was completely soaked and so were her little bloomers; it was so bad I had to get Justin to help me clean her up. So, both Abbi and I had a wardrobe change before church was even halfway over. So that was the big event for today.
I can't think of anything else I should update you all on, but I'm sure I'll remember something else I've missed soon after I finish posting this. I hope all of you are well and I'll update everything again soon. We love you all!



2 comments:
Sounds like life has been really busy for you guys! Your kids are so cute! Hope things continue to go well! Take care!
Love Abbigaile's little 4th of July outfit and matching bow! And, that pic of Jack in the pool looks like he is drinking the water! Too funny! We are actually putting Makayla in swimming lessons this week. I am a little nervous. We also have passes to the Wild Animal Park so we should totally meet up there sometime!
Post a Comment