There's probably not too much to update everyone on, but Jack has Cars on and is coloring contently right now and Abbigaile just fell asleep so I thought I'd try to write something up quickly. However, it usually takes me a while and I often have to keep coming back to the computer just to finish; plus, I often write more than I'd plan to. Anyway, I'm happy to say the kids no longer have runny noses! Yay! I'm just hoping no one brings anything home for a little while so we can be around other people again.
Jack got to play outside for a while this morning at his little center and he had a blast; however, it was already quite sunny and his cheeks were a bit flushed. We also went to music class today and he behaved pretty well. He had a meltdown at first because he found some cars in the diaper bag and I had to take them away (they aren't supposed to bring toys), then he was trying to climb up some shelves to get some books and we had to stop him. But, we get little egg shakers for one of the song we sing (the Ravioli song!) and he didn't throw them at anyone! He still ran around a bit, but he actually participated for the most part. I'm so glad he was pretty well behaved because Abbigaile was awake the whole time so I kept her with me during the class (rather than in her car seat).
With regards to the potty training, we're really not making any progress. We washed his little potty so he's able to use it now, but it's really not helping all that much. He's only put his hands in his poop a few times since I last wrote (so gross), and luckily when he does do it he doesn't touch anything; I think we're at least making progress there. He'll now tell us he has to go and then run to the bathroom, but he's already pooped by then—it's a step in the right direction, I guess. It'll just take little baby steps and I know we can't force it.
Last Saturday, Nana came over and we had a nice visit with her. She brought Jack a sweet little bear and a toy bus that he plays with quite a bit now. He loves that bus (thanks Nana)! Abbi slept most of the time (and Jack went down for a nap) so we were able to watch the Kentucky Derby and have a nice chat. I'm glad Nana was able to see our home and meet Abbigaile J.
I've finally finished the movie I was working on for cheer! It was fun, but I'm glad to have it over and done with. My next big project will be compiling all of our home movies onto DVDs—that'll be a big one! Justin had his last real school day yesterday and he has a final on Monday night. He'll have a couple of weeks off and then his GMAT preparation course starts up, so he'll be studying several nights a week again. He hoping to study and prep for the next five months and then take the test. I know he'll do well.
Abbigaile is just growing and she's such a sweet little girl. There are days when she's a bit crankier than others, but I think that's to be expected. For instance, there are times when she won't eat unless I'm standing up, and then she'll wail if I try to sit with her. She's getting to be so strong! Last night I laid her on a little activity mat, so I could start to do a bit of dinner prep, and she scooted herself completely off the mat and turned herself! She moves when she's happy, but she can really move herself when she's upset. Oh, she's also just started to drool a bit. I can't remember exactly when Jack started, but I noticed her drooling on Sunday (down my arm, of course).
I think that's all that's really happening around here right now, nothing exciting, just little things that happen day to day. I'm going to start making little notes about things I want to blog about so I can remember it all. Also, I think I'll try to post some video I've taken recently of the kids. Until next time . . .



No comments:
Post a Comment