Wow! I can't believe it has already been a month since my last real post . . . time flies when you're having fun, right? I was looking at the pictures I last posted of Abbi and she looks so different already. As of today our little girl is 8 weeks old and it has gone so quickly. I think it does with the second child just because you have more to do and take care of than with the first child. Anyway, Abbigaile is growing and thriving; as of the 31st she was 9 lbs. 7 oz. and I think it was 21 in. long this puts her in the 10th percentile for height and 30th for weight. She's filling out nicely, even though she's still in her newborn clothes, and has already been holding her head up quite well. Abbigaile is smiling a lot more and starting to coo a whole lot more. Unlike her brother, she doesn't care for the binky at all, she prefers to suck on her little fist instead. She is quite spoiled at times and loves to be held. Her favorite spot is up over the shoulder, so it makes it hard to get things done sometimes (I'm actually typing with one hand right now). As a result of this, I think I'm going to have a very strong left shoulder from supporting her J We have a doctor's appointment next week, so we'll be weighing her again and she'll be getting some more shots. I think that's
really all that's going on with Abbi at the moment. Oh yes, she still has that sweet baby smell. Sometimes when I'm holding her and she's asleep, I just love to take a deep whiff of that sweet baby yumminess (is that a word?).
Jack is turning into such a big boy! He's talking a whole lot more, and I think other people can understand him, too. Justin and I still understand more than others, but he's definitely speaking a lot more clearly. He likes to tell me things about "my stista'" and I think it's so cute. He says her name a lot more now rather than just "baby" and he still loves to kiss her and talk to her. He's definitely helpful and will even throw away Abbi's diapers. When she's fussy or crying, he'll try to comfort her (as long as he isn't the cause) and will pat her belly or stroke her foot. He tends to do the things he's seen me do. There are times when I'll be in the middle of something and he'll go tell her "I's okay" and give her kisses. The other day we returned home from grocery shopping and I set Abbigaile down in her car seat so I could run to the restroom (that's definitely harder to do in public with 2 kids when you're by yourself) and so she was crying, I heard the crying lessen and when I came to see why, Jack had found a binky in the diaper bag and was trying to give it to her. Isn't he such a sweet boy!?!
Jack is also becoming very intelligent and loves to learn. He now knows almost all of his capital letters! The only letters he's still having trouble with are R and W (sometimes). He knows his numbers 0-9, except 4. Jack does pretty well with most of his colors, and knows a few of his shapes; I think his favorite shape is a triangle. He still loves playing with his train and cars, coloring, and reading. His favorite show is either Thomas the Train or Word World (yes I let my child watch TV—I know it's bad, but at least it's somewhat educational). Oh! I almost forgot to blog about this . . . Jack went poo on the potty for the first time on April 7th (I know you all don't need to know the date, it's more for me); we were so excited and proud of him. We're not really pushing the potty training right now, but we're starting to get more serious about it now that Abbigaile is here and Jack is becoming more verbal.
Last Saturday we had the Annual Lowell Easter Egg Hunt, thanks again Mark and Jody we had a lot of fun, and Jack had a blast. Although he didn't want to participate at first he got the hang of it and did quite well. For Easter the Jack got some wooden puzzles, a Car's bucket and Car's eggs; he loved them all. Abbi got a cute yellow sundress and a cute striped outfit; she, of course, has no idea.
I think that's all that's really going on with the kiddos right now. I just have to rant about one thing really quick. I can't stand Huggies diapers! There, I said it! They leak like crazy even when I'm diligent about changing her. I don't know if it's just my kid, I don't think it is because our friend's little girl leaks, too. I'm tired of having three outfits a day! So even when I can get a pack for 5 or 6 bucks, I'm not doing it! Thank goodness that as of this moment we only have 2 left. Hooray for Pampers! Okay, I just had to get that off my chest.
Justin has only one month until graduation! His graduation ceremony is on May 16th and we couldn't be happier! I feel like we just started the semester, but that's probably because I'm not the one doing the homework and going to class. Justin's birthday is this Saturday and we're going to go out and do something, but I'm not sure what yet. We'll probably just go to dinner and hang out since we'll have the little peanut with us, but any time spent together is great! I'm glad that after almost 5 years, it'll be five years at the end of July, we still have fun together and can make each other laugh.
I'm not really doing anything new right now, just being a mom and dealing with the day to day. I went and got my hair cut, twice (that's another story). I'm doing some digital video editing, and although the program I have isn't my favorite (I think it's just a limited version), I'm doing an okay job. I'm looking at going back to school to finish my degree, but admissions for Fall 2009 are closed and they don't know if they'll be open for Spring admissions yet. I can only take one more class at Palomar for my undergrad work, so I'll do that then we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I guess that's pretty much it for now. I'll post again soon!



No comments:
Post a Comment