Saturday, June 9, 2007

Here it is!


Here’s our first blog for our family! I figured it may be easier for me to keep all of our family and friends updated about our family. I promise to try and update this page every couple of weeks (or so).

Justin’s been off of school for a few weeks now and it has been wonderful to have him home with us. However, he’s taken up a couple of projects on his days off so we won’t see him quite as much as we’d like to until those tasks are completed. Weekends for Justin are CRAZY because wedding season has started. He is currently managing four to five weddings a weekend and doesn’t return home until very late, but we’re so grateful for his job and its wonderful living so close to his work (about 30 seconds on foot).

I’m just finishing up tutoring children for the school year and will continue tutoring one of my students over these upcoming summer months. I’ve signed up for a step aerobics class and a yoga class, as well. I’m looking forward to exercising again and taking some time for myself.

Our little Jack is now 24 weeks old, around 17 lbs, and just AMAZING! He’s changing so much and learning to do new things every day. Jack’s been rolling from his tummy to his back for a few weeks and on Thursday, June 7, Jack rolled over from his back to his front for the first time; needless to say, I was very excited for him and I even caught the whole event on tape :-) He’s sitting up without support and only falls over occasionally. Jack’s been eating a little bit of rice cereal with carrots for breakfast for a few weeks now but had green beans for the first time yesterday. He really seems to enjoy his solid foods now that he’s losing a little bit of his tongue-thrust.

Jack and I have been attending a “music and movement” class for about four weeks and we love singing songs and dancing together. Jack’s favorite song is The Grand ‘Ole Duke of York because he gets to bounce up and down on my legs . . . and bouncing is one of his favorite things to do! He’s just starting to learn how to jump in his jumper by himself and is a ton of fun to watch. He loves taking walks outside and sometimes daddy helps Jack pick a flower to bring home for mommy. Jack’s very smiley, ticklish, and loves to laugh!

We are so grateful to have each other and our precious little Jack! Our Heavenly Father has truly blessed our family and continues to do so each day.

3 comments:

americanman82 said...

I love my wife. She is the most thought and most beautiful woman I know. Honey, you look amazing and you make me feel amazing every time I look at you. I love you.

americanman82 said...

oops, I meant to say thoughtful. I love you babe.

The Lowell Family said...

Very sweet! You are a beautiful family.

Love, Mom
aka: Mumsy and Gramcracka!